Historic & Classic Vehicle Registration

Below are the basic rules to follow for Historic & Classic Vehicle Registration. Please read the rules and then if you have any questions, call our Plates Registrar, Geoffrey. You will also need to sign and return the club declaration form.

Note: If the car has any modifications that were NOT available from the factory/dealer at the time of sale, it is regarded as modified by the Transport for NSW (aka RMS) and therefore must be on Classic Rego (C/D plates) and not on Historic Rego(H/J plates) and must follow the rules/exceptions as per the above information sheet from Transport for NSW.

New Registrations
Is your modified? If yes follow the links below under Classic Registrations – these are Transport for NSW rules.
Is your car Stock/Original ? ie. no modifications ie. as it came out of the factory or showroom, and follows the attached PDF from Transport for NSW:
1) get the Historic Declaration form from Service NSW or internet.
2) get the Application for Conditional Registration form from the Service NSW or the internet (1st time regos only not for renewals), get a pink slip, and ensure your pink slip person signs in the appropriate spot, then follow below; if you have any questions contact Geoffrey. Both forms can be downloaded from the net.
3) in the photos include a photo of your VIN number.

Historic & Classic Registration Renewals
In order for Club members to get their car signed off for Historic/Classic registration, the following will be effective immediately:
1) look up when your registration expires.
2) arrange a pink slip well before that expiry date.
3) fill out the relevant RMS form well before that expiry date.
4) email – 6 clear complete brand new photos each registration renewal of your car (front with number plate/back with number plate / whole complete LHS / whole complete RHS / engine bay / interior from driver’s door perspective) to me well before that expiry date. And photo of VIN no. for 1st time & new regos.
5) scan and email a copy of your registration renewal, pink slip and club declaration together to my email address for club records. Do not post originals or copies.

6) post the “original” Transport for NSW form (completed!) together with a stamped self-addressed envelope back to yourself to: Camaro Firebird Owners Club of Australia Inc., PO Box 2289, North Parramatta NSW 1750
Attention: Club Registrar, OR come to a CLUB meeting and get your form stamped, as long as you’ve already sent: photos / rego / pink slip / declarations etc.
7) I will check the post office box at a minimum every two weeks.
8) for Classic Registration (Modified cars) follow the rules in the attached links as well as above (any questions ring Geoffrey)
8(A) If you include a stamped envelope to the CMC, I’ll club stamp it and then post the form to the CMC for you.
9) Ensure that your Club Membership is current (renewals are due 1st July) and ensure that you carry your membership receipt with you at all times when driving your conditionally registered car. I won’t be able to sign off your form without you being a current financial member (Transport for NSW rules).

Classic Registrations
When posting your paperwork to the club PO Box for CLASSIC Regos: include, Copy Only of pink slip (for renewals), blue slip (for first time regos), proof of payment to CMC, plus the Original Transport of NSW form, and hard copy of CMC declaration and soft copy of Club declaration and a stamped envelope with the CMC’s address on it so I can post it for you.

Read and comply with the attached links:

Read this one first: https://www.councilofmotorclubs.org.au/cvs-classic-vehicle-scheme.html

New Applications: https://www.councilofmotorclubs.org.au/cvs-docs.html?view=article&id=95:cvs-new-applications&catid=13:cvs-documents

Renewals: https://www.councilofmotorclubs.org.au/cvs-docs.html?view=article&id=96:cvs-renewals&catid=13:cvs-documents

Fellow club members, in order to ensure that your classic car remains registered, please ensure you follow the above, thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

And lastly ENSURE that your Pink Slip / Blue Slip person has signed / stamped the forms / dated the forms and added VIN / ENGINE numbers etc. etc. where applicable (to the “Application for Classic/Historic rego form” for rego renewals and the “Application for Conditional Rego form” for first time regos as well as the
“Application for Classic/Historic regos”. The pink / blue slip needs to identify your car (via VIN no. and / or Rego no.) and your car only! (especially applicable for 1st time regos)

All the above forms are available on the net, just google Transport for NSW, Historic rego or Classic rego or Application for Conditional rego and navigate.

DO NOT ALLOW your PINK / BLUE slip person to sign / touch etc. etc. the Transport for NSW Historic and/or Classic declaration forms, those forms are for the Club Registrar and/or CMC to sign/stamp. If they do, you’ll need to get another form.

If you are unsure of anything, please call to clarify.

Geoffrey – CFOCA Plates Registrar – 0409 419 724